Yes! We're so happy you're interested in joining our team. Here is the most important thing you need to know about volunteering at MCR: you will help save lives. We love to help special needs dogs (like fearful dogs, behavioral needs, medical needs, and seniors). We believe in using positive reinforcement methods to rehabilitate some of the most vulnerable and misunderstood dogs. We need your help to help the dogs who need us most.
Eligible volunteers* must (minimum requirements):
- be at least 16 years** of age,
- complete and submit the online application,
- pass a background check,
- have an email address,
- attend a brief training session before you get started,
- and commit to one shift per week.
If you want to interact with our wonderful canines we are looking for volunteers who:
- are comfortable handling dogs of all shapes and sizes,
- already use (or want to learn!) positive reinforcement methods to safely handle dogs in a kennel environment.
Additional volunteer opportunities include cleaning shifts, committee work, and countless other ways that people support our organization behind the scenes. If you are interested in behind the scenes work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you’d like to do.
*At this time, we are unable to accommodate volunteers who need to complete court ordered community service or other short-term volunteers.
**If you're under 16 but still want to help, click here to check out some available options for volunteer work.
Questions? Call us at (208) 794-0944. Or email email@example.com.